On Dec 2, 9:37 am, wolfv <wolfvo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Christian.  Those fixes stopped Vim from complaining on
> startup.  But now I get a “E490: No fold found” message.  What did I
> do wrong?
> I saved the Foldexpr_markdown function in:
>         C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles\ftplugin\markdown.vim
> Is that the right location?
>
> I changed the _vimrc lines to:  set foldmethod=expr     set
> foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)also tried “setlocal” in _vimrc:
> setlocal foldmethod=expr        setlocal
> foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)but either way, I got “E490: No fold
> found” message when zc from lines starting with “#”:      ## test level 2

Here's what you should have:

_vimrc:
filetype plugin indent on
OR
filetype indent on

C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles\ftplugin\markdown.vim: irrelevant

C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles\indent\markdown.vim:
(normal setup for an indent plugin, see a file chosen at random from
$VIMRUNTIME/indent)
(definition of Foldexpr_markdown)
setlocal foldmethod=expr
setlocal foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)

NOTE: a better place than C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles, is $HOME
\vimfiles. $HOME defaults to %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% on Windows, but the
easiest way to see where it is, is to type from within Vim,
:echo $HOME

The same goes for the _vimrc.