Hi Ben,

Yes I was thinking of a horizontal ruler with numbers as in p.e.
wordpad, psp ultraedit and other editors.

Agree, that I had to post the message in vim-dev.

Why I need this feature?
I often use the  /%"columnnr"C   in code.
I often do column operation p.e. delete from column to column (p.e.
around a text block in a table) and I often have to look in which
column the text is written before to do the operation.