rameo schrieb am 12.04.2012 um 01:48 (-0700):

> It would be nice to temporary hold/stop Relative Line numbers where it
> is. p.e. to set line "0" at the top of the function and keep it there
> till I need it.
>
> Is there a way to hold on Relative Line number temporary? (Hope I made
> myself clear)

Ben Fritz recently (Mar 12, 2012) posted a useful function to cycle
between absolute, relative and no line numbers:

Re: How to change linenumber format on mode changed?
http://markmail.org/message/krje6n4wqknakokx

I couldn't get the <C-Space> mapping to work so I bound it to <F6>:

if exists('+relativenumber')
  nnoremap <expr> <F6> CycleLNum()
  xnoremap <expr> <F6> CycleLNum()
  onoremap <expr> <F6> CycleLNum()
  " function to cycle between normal, relative, and no line numbering
  func! CycleLNum()
  endfunc
endif

Michael