On 26/07/12 00:32, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
Python3 has recently been made available under Cygwin so I figured I
would build vim to support both.  I added:

--enable-pythoninterp=dynamic

and

--enable-python3interp=dynamic

and sure enough, in :version I see +python/dyn +python3/dyn.  However,
when I try:

:py print "hi"

or

:py3 print("hi")

I get E370 followed by E263. Did I miss something?

Thank you,

Chris

E370 Couldn't load library %s
E263 Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be loaded.

What library does Vim not load in the E370 message? Is it installed where Vim can find it? (e.g. in the PATH)

If you type
        :echo has("python") has("python3")
what is the answer? If it's other than 1 1 there is at least one Python library which Vim couldn't find.

Are you running Vim from a Cygwin bash prompt or aren't you? If you aren't, see if it makes a difference.

And finally: If nothing else avails, try recompiling Vim with static Python (remove the =dynamic then make sure your new config settings will be used by running "make reconfig". See http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm for details. There will probably be some differences.)

Best regards,
Tony.
--
When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before
the white men came, an Indian said simply "Ours."