On 25 July 2012 20:25, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On 26/07/12 00:32, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>
>> Python3 has recently been made available under Cygwin so I figured I
>> would build vim to support both.

<snip>

>> I get E370 followed by E263. Did I miss something?
>
> E370 Couldn't load library %s
> E263 Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be
> loaded.
>
> What library does Vim not load in the E370 message? Is it installed where
> Vim can find it? (e.g. in the PATH)

There is no library specified in the E370 message, which I find a little odd.

> If you type
>         :echo has("python") has("python3")
> what is the answer? If it's other than 1 1 there is at least one Python
> library which Vim couldn't find.

Response was 0 0.

> Are you running Vim from a Cygwin bash prompt or aren't you? If you aren't,
> see if it makes a difference.

I'm running vim from within Cygwin mksh.

> And finally: If nothing else avails, try recompiling Vim with static Python
> (remove the =dynamic then make sure your new config settings will be used by
> running "make reconfig". See
> http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm for details.
> There will probably be some differences.)

Statically compiling in Python or Python3 support works fine, so it
looks like I have to choose one or the other, which is disappointing.

Thank you for the insight though!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe