On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:21:25 AM UTC-6, vicky b wrote:
> currently i am java developers who is addicted to eclipse( java ide),
> notepad++
> would it help me if i start learning vim consider it steep learning curve may
> not be now but would it help me in the long run

Possibly; it depends on your editing style. My guess is "yes". Since you use
both Eclipse and Notepad++, I'm guessing you like some of the developer tools
in Eclipse but not the text editor.

Vim is not a very good IDE by itself but is an EXCELLENT text editor. And the
eclim plugin for Eclipse and Vim lets you access many of the Eclipse developer
tools you like from within Vim:

http://eclim.org

Next time please start a new thread rather than responding to an old one for a
new topic like this.