Hi, João.

I see this issue on many software translations. After the grammatical
agreement between countries speaking Portuguese languages, many softwares
tend to span only one kind of translation. They don't understand that,
although the languages are grammatically the same, they are semantically
 different. There are more differences between Brazilian Portuguese and
Portugal Portuguese then between US English and UK English, IMHO.

We could ask Bram if it agree with keeping two languages translations for
Portuguese: pt_PT and pt_BR. Since there are much more countries speaking
Portugal Portuguese than Brazilian Portuguese, we will have a great benefit
on that.

Regards,