2013-10-13 23:43, Nikolay Pavlov skrev:
On Oct 13, 2013 9:23 PM, "Vandra _" <van...@rambler.ru> wrote:

I work on a book in Russian using vim-latex.
While in insert mode in Russian (with keymap command c-^) latex-suite
macros like FEM don't work.
Thats indeed very embarrassing. Is there a way to get them work in
nonEnglish languages?
Thanks!

You mean, those that are created using IMAP function? AFAIK they work like
this: map the last character (M in your case) and when it is typed check
whether the preceding characters are present just before the cursor. If
they are, IMAP deletes them and does what it was requested, otherwise it
returns the last character which will then be inserted. I do not know how
mappings interact with &keymap, but as with &keymap preceding characters
(FE in your case) are replaced with Russian ones IMAP will not work. I do
not know any way around this without modifying IMAP to be &keymap-aware.

I personally just disabled all these macros for them being too intrusive
(do not remember which of them exactly though).

The best advice I have is to imap some function key or the like to 'toggle' iminsert and use it before and after other imaps.

/bpj