On Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:58:19 PM UTC+1, coot_. wrote:
> On 13:43 Thu 06 Feb     , Christian Wellenbrock wrote:
>
> > This is my first Vim plugin and I would appreciate some honest feedback.
> > Let me know what you think! :)
>

> > https://github.com/wellle/targets.vim
>

> Nice.  There is a patch for "miX" where X can be anything for example
>
> "mi," will be what in your plugin is "i,".  Check out recent discussions
>
> on VimDev.  I can see the advantage of your text objects over the
>
> `native` ones.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Marcin

You are absolutely right. Here are two related discussions over at vim_dev.

[1] Patch to utilize undefined text-objects
[2] patch for block textobj search

We're also having a small discussion about these patches over at /r/vim. [3]

One major difference between our approaches is that I treat separators
differently from quotes, as illustrated in the `da,` example. If I'm not
mistaken that would not be possible with these patches.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/pZxLAAXxk0M
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/I9sKIJh-uT4
[3] http://redd.it/1x7pfr