On Do, 11 Mai 2017, Efraim Yawitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The docs for the matchit plugin say that the mappings in it may cause strange
> behavior, but I think this example is worth noting.
>
> I was trying to do yV% on lines like this:
>
> #ifdef SOMETHING
> #endif //SOMETHING
>
> expecting to yank all the lines, but what I got was everything up to the
> comment, i.e., the last line had only the #endif.  A new uninstalled vim
> (without plugins) did what I had expected originally.
>
> After some debugging, what I found was that in this mapping in matchit.vim:
>
> onoremap <silent> %  v:<C-U>call <SID>Match_wrapper('',1,'o') <CR>
>
> the 'v' in v:<C-U> was changing the operator to forced characterwise after my
> 'V' had tried to force it to forced linewise.  Doing ounmap % got the behavior
> I was looking for.
>
> I couldn't find yet in the help what v:<C-U> is supposed to do, but what is
> significant is that the 'v' in that mapping is evidently being interpreted
> twice, once as a "force characterwise" signal, and again for what it 'really'
> means.  I imagine this could cause problems in other plugins as well which use
> this construction.

I believe this is the same issue as the one mentioned in the neovim
issue tracker:
https://github.com/neovim/neovim/issues/5691

I have tried to contact Benji, but unfortunately, he did not react.

Best,
Christian
--
Das Leben besteht in dem, was ein Mensch den ganzen Tag über denkt.
                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson