On 2020-04-02, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Mi, 01 Apr 2020, Daniel Gray wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently working on a theme called Selenized
>> https://github.com/jan-warchol/selenized/
>>
>> We're using https://github.com/lifepillar/vim-colortemplate to template
>> our theme.
>>
>> The issue I'm having is
>> https://github.com/jan-warchol/selenized/pull/71#pullrequestreview-375757756
>>
>> We cannot seem to get SpellRare to work in Vim, yet it works in NeoVim.

> First of all, I am not really sure what the problem is.

I think that the OP's issue amounts to `undercurl` not producing an
underline in Vim's terminal. I can reproduce it in my terminals
(macOS's Terminal.app and iTerm2):

    hi SpellBad cterm=undercurl
    hi SpellBad cterm=underline
    hi SpellBad cterm=undercurl

(The highlight group, termguicolors, and `gui` do not really matter).

Is that intended behaviour?

Life.