Hello,

--- On Sun, 6/7/09, Sterling <sterl...@ilc.net> wrote:

> I got a nearly new mouse when I bought an Apple IIe off
> ebay. It appears almost the same as the Mac Plus mouse, and even
> says the same Model M0100 on the bottom.

As far as I can tell, you have an AppleMouse II.  As far as I know, it should
still be compatible with a Mac Plus, as it is purported to work with any
Macintosh with a DB-9 mouse port.

I believe the M0100 denotes the family number.  Is there a model number of
A2M2050 or A2M4015 on it as well?

> But it doesn't move the mouse cursor side to side on the
> Mac Plus (haven't tried it on the apple IIe yet).

Have you flipped it over, rotated the retaining ring on the bottom, dropped the
mouse ball out, (taking care it doesn't roll under the couch!) and looked
inside?

You should be able to view the rollers and chances are good that, since this is
used hardware, the rollers may have dust/dirt/gunk on them.

Try gently cleaning them and tell us what happens.

Best,

James Fraser