Apparently not in sys 7.1, which is running on my PB145b.

I was able to get it to mount with ³Mt. Everything² and the discs are from a
Mac user ­ sys 7.5 I think.
Also that disc had a copy of ³Silver Lining Lite² which seems to work pretty
well.  Once I got it mounted, it seems to run fine under sys 7.1

I¹ll have to try it on a later Mac System to see if it is automatically
picked up ­ I¹m with you, I thought it would pick up as a regular scsi
device.