--- On Mon, 9/14/09, James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-pcil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are you familiar with the IBM Model M keyboard?  It's
> about as close as you can hope to get to an old-school
> typing experience that's kind to your hands.
>
> My Pismo supposedly has one of the better laptop keyboards,
> but all my typing is done on it using a Model M coupled with
> a PS/2 to USB adapter.  The catch is that the Model M's
> key mechanism is not quiet, and touch typists can make quite
> a bit of racket as their hands dance across the keys. :)

New buckling spring keyboards are here.
http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/ind.html

The Customizer series are exact copies of the IBM Model M, available with PS/2
or USB, original buckling spring or rubber dome switches.

The Endurapro combines a 20% smaller (than the Customizer) housing with
buckling spring switches and a TrackPoint mouse.