----- Original Message ----

Thinking it may be 24 bit vs 32 bit addressing issue. You may have old some
apps intalled  that requsire the 24 bit mode???

Here are some links:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MODE32>

<http://www.lowendmac.com/daystar/pages/dsd_products/support/>

<http://lowendmac.com/trouble/32bit.shtml>

Wish I was at work to check out MacOS 7.5.5 there. I think you can go into the
Memory Control Panel and switch from 32 bit to 24 bit addressing. With
extensions off you likely will have to access it in the System->Control Panel
folder directly but I guessing.

You may need to install MODE32 7.5 iif you wants to address more than 8 MB of
RAM --be sure to install version 7.5 as earlier are said to cause problems.

Just my WAG. I do remember having somewhat similar problems years ago when I
upgraded my  Mac II and SE/30 but my brain is more like oatmeal today :) Good
Luck ---glen