I'd like to share a little story of a Mac rescue, and then ask a
question regarding the item : ).

A while ago I saved a Mac Plus from a friend who was clearing their
attic, and I have to say I was quite taken aback by the set; one
platinum Mac Plus, 40mb external SCSI drive, platinum keyboard,
platinum mouse, instruction manual and of course original OS/utilities
disks in their paper wallet. Amazingly, everything seemed in prime
physical condition. I was even more surprised when I booted it up to
that familiar chime and quickly booted to desktop off the SCSI drive.
After a bit more testing I found that all the floppies worked fine
too. According to the owner, they bought it new in '88 and used it
every now and then for word processing up to around 1995, when they
bought a Power Mac 8500 (which I was lucky enough to get as well). The
machine seems to be well enough looked after, and has no issues with
Capacitors or anything usually associated with Macs of that age. The
documentation and such is in great condition too. The only issue I can
see is that the keyboard is missing a '1' key.

Now for the question - How much do you think it's worth in monetary
terms? I'm currently doing some clearing of my own, and I'm wondering
if it's worth selling (before you say anything, I have quite a nice
Beige Plus already, so I'm a little overloaded). I'd really only sell
the machine if it's worth anything real, otherwise it'll be bagged and
that an original set (one owner) in such good condition must be worth
something. Hopefully you experts will be able to help out.

Cheers,
Nick