Take it very seriously. Have you ever known Apple to admit any flaws
or defects until their feet were held to the fire? There is ample
evidence that Apple  corporate chose to cut corners wherever possible
to maximize profits and drive the stock price up. Thankfully the
engineers built backups into the hardware because they knew better.
The original 128K even had two sets of mounting holes for the flyback
transformer for what the engineers knew would require the eventual
upgrade to a more robust one (in much the same way the original
logicboard was designed to handle 512K RAM). It is well documented in
many repair manuals that substandard caps were used, all steadily
upgraded in successive improvements. The analogue board itself went
through at least 6 revisions over 3 years to improve the poor PSU
performance. Keep in mind when manufacturing millions of units, every
penny counts. Why buy a three-cent cap when a one-cent cap will
technically do the job? Over a million unites, that's an extra $20K in
their pocket. Besides, no company is ever going to say they under-
engineered something. But the proof is in the hardware and field
performance.

By the late 80s, Apple was charging so much money for the Mac, that
they could afford to put the highest spec hardware into them as
engineers had specified. It saved them a lot of headaches and money in
repairs. I mean why did they add a fan (a cheap one at that), if not
addressing the complaints that the Mac needed one, though I don't
recall Apple ever admitting they made a mistake not adding one in the
first place? The late Pluses benefitted from an SE designed following
the mistakes learned from the compacts before it, and the fact the
analogue board used many of the same parts which could be ordered in
even greater quantity discount. This is why the later Pluses had fewer
repairs than the beige ones.