On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Scott Holder <sc...@iamscott.net> wrote:
> On 1/15/2011 11:28 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> I've run System 1.0 (or .97 or 1.1, or whatever it calls itself) on Macs up
> to and including a Classic. I'm sure it'd run fine on a 512k, and I have a
> 128k with Mac Plus roms that runs it fine. It's actually more versatile than
> you'd think, it recognized my Classic's HD fine (though saw it as a huge
> floppy) and naturally couldn't do much with anything on it as it had 7.5.5
> on it at the time.

But that's not the OS that shipped with the 128k mac

I don't remember what else we got out of the first upgrade (back then,
you just walked into a dealer with your system disk and they copied
over the new finder & system files), but the Imagewriter actually
engaged in sustained bidirectional printing, which the original did
not.

Anything that can handle a double-sided drive isn't what shipped with
the original 128k (but maybe on later ones; weren't they shipped for
at least a while when the plus came out?).

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.