On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Mike Levine <southwoodm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, I can find the image on-line (as others have pointed out).  The problem
> is getting it onto a
> physical 400K apple disk!

You can do this with an 800k drive.  I *think* there was a period that
macos tried to write to 400k with superdrives, but I believe that it
was the same failure as most other attempts to write to physically
different formats (width of read, write, and erase heads comes into
play).

Write the image to an 800k disk from a 1.4m drive, move it to a
machine w. 800k drives, and then use that to write to a virgin 400k
disk--not one that has *ever* been written on by a 400k machine.  Or,
possibly, use a magnetic bulk eraser to clear the 400k disk before
writing on a 400k drive.

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.