On Jul 2, 1:46 pm, Elliott Price <callmemrp...@gmail.com> wrote:
         -Elliott

> On Jul 1, 2011, at 10:03 PM, poopoopoopoo wrote:

> > So, my 'little old lady' Mac Plus suddenly has developed an issue
> > where the 9" CRT will black out. A light smack on her sides will bring
> > it back to life for a few minutes, sometimes a couple hours. Probably
> > a short or worn solder joint somewhere. Can anyone give me an idea
> > where to start to look and how? I'm beginning to obsess on getting
> > this old, clean Mac in top running condition. It's almost there, but
> > every time I fix one issue, something else pops up. Pleas help!
> > Thanks in advance.....

> My Plus had this problem, and it's actually the video connector on the analog
> board.
> There's a row of pins, and then a blank space and one isolated on the end.
> This is
> the pin that tends to be loose.  After re-soldering that, mine works great.
>
> I can provide pictures of the connector if it helps.

Concur.  Given your symptoms, it's almost always that pin.  Find the
cable that connects the logic board to the analog board.  The pin
described above is on the analog board connector for that cable.
IIRC, it is the furthest toward the rear of the machine on that
connector.  The connector is oriented horizontally.   But even if I'm
misremembered front and back, it's the one isolated pin after the
blank position on the connector.

Desolder the pin (remove old solder with a sucker or desolder braid)
and resolder the pin.

Jeff Walther