I have an Apple Mac Quadra 700 that I picked up second hand, its problem is
that it will not boot up simply displaying the flashing floppy disc icon
with central question mark.

The Quadra’s internal hard drive is an IBM model whose SCSCI ID is set to 6
and not the default Apple setting of 0. The problem occurred because I
inadvertently connected an external ZIP drive whose ID turned out to be
stuck at 6. This resulted in an ID conflict and thus the failure to boot.
I’ve got essential files on the hard drive so I’d rather be able to use it
rather than discard it or the Quadra.
I’m open to answers including acquiring an external hard drive setting it
to an ID of 0 and using it as the Quadra’s boot disc, that’s if I can
locate one any ideas?