For the top 60 dollars is it even worth trying to put on taxes? I mean what's
that gonna change your tax bracket ?  Go donat clothes to goodwill they just
give you a blank piece of paper to do what he says he's gonna do.

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:43:25 -0800
From: nodtti...@yahoo.com
To: vintage-macs@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple LCIII - How to appraise value for Donation to Mueseum

Paul Allen's Seattle "Living Computer Museum" is not listed as a 501c. If you
try to use towards a Tax Deduction for the donation you may get in trouble with
the IRS.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:12:20 PM UTC-7, zerosine wrote:Hello,
I have an Apple LCIII with StyleWriter II printer and original 14" Monitor
complete set in mint condition that I am looking to appraise the value of.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3373842197

I have decided to donate it to Paul Allen's Seattle "Living Computer Museum"
(http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org) and they have requested I look on eBay to
determine the value of the computer set, however I have had not much luck in
finding a complete set (ie. monitor, keyboard, and machine).
The value is then to be used towards a Tax Deductible for the donation.
This museum will restore the harddrive and install the original operating
system and set it up for attendee's to interact with, as with all their items
in collection.  I believe this is the best use for this item, and it is an
honor to have the opportunity to do so! :)
If anyone has any helpful hints or can assist in the appraisal, any would be
appreciated!
Thanks,Chris L.