On Monday, December 10, 2012 3:16:00 PM UTC-6, Pablo Vasquez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Twat is capitalized because its a temperature value (usually abbreviated
> T).
>
> I cleaned all the metallic caps today with isopropyl alcohol. All the caps
> in the main board had at least some "sticky goo" covered with dust. I have
> no more "bus errors" since that.
>
> I suppose there could be something with the initial values given to the
> "converging" exponential function. I will get deeper on that.

Remember, if cleaning capacitor goo off the logic board solves the problem,
it is a temporary fix, not a permanent solution.  In particular, on the
IIci some of the capacitors are needed for the power-on circuit to function
properly.   You should look into recapping that board soon-ish.

The IIci contains either:

eight  47uF X 16Volt surface mount electrolytic capacitors
two    10uF X 16Volt surface mount electrolytic capacitors
one    220uF X 16Volt through hole axial electrolytic capacitors
three   470uF X 16Volt through hole axial electrolytic capacitors

or:
as above except
eleven 47uF X 16Volt surface mount electrolytic capacitors

It's a good idea to replace the surface mount electrolytic capacitors with
either tantalum surface mount capacitors or solid polymer metal can
capacitors.

Jeff Walther