From: Longcore Jonathan <maco...@gmail.com>
To: vintage-macs <vintage-macs@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Nov 13, 2013 5:35 pm
Subject: Re: Dual boot a SE(/30)

>From my own long-time memory, no machine to check which of these works with
6/7/8 system, but try these:

1) cmd-opt open system folder. That blesses it.
2) in control panel/chooser choose startup drive then start it up
3) drag system folder (smiley face mac) to desktop. close system folder. drop
smiley face mac into system folder. then restart.

YMMV - my memory may be off. google is also your friend here.

-Jonathan Longcore
MacOnly - Albuquerque

On Nov 13, 2013, at 2:59 PM, glen <glenst...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
>
> From: Clark Martin <cm...@sonic.net>
>

> On Nov 13, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Scott Lawrence <yor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> How would I go about having a second System folder on it for System 6.0.8?
(without resorting to booting from floppy. ;) )

>> You just have the two folders.  When you place both a finder and system file
in a folder, it "unblesses" the old blessed folder and blesses the new one.

>> Then just take a finder out and back in on another folder.
>>

>> I ran 6 and 7 like this from the alpha release of 7 (which was more stable
than any MS Windows I ever used) until I switched to full time unix in 95 or 96

> Also there was a utility or two that did the blessing for you, I don't recall
a name though.

> --
> --
>

> System Picker may be one? --Glen