On Jun 16, 2014, at 2:51 PM, 'Keith Jamison' via Vintage Macs
<vintage-macs@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> If you would like to try repairing it yourself, try and get hold of Larry
> Pina's books, "The Dead Mac Scrolls" (DMS), "Macintosh: Repair and Upgrade
> Secrets"(MRUS) or "Mac Classic and SE: Repair and Upgrade Secrets"(MCSERUS).
> The power supply for the SE/30 was used in the SE model. Bizarrely, in DMS,
> the repair suggestion is the switch on the Sony PSU.

I'm not sure I'd waste the time. I have rarely seen those PSUs go in a way that
renders the machine completely inoperable.

When the OP says it does "nothing", does that mean "nothing" or "blank/garbled
screen"? If the fan comes on, I'd lay odds on the logic board. I haven't see
those PSUs fail completely before. They usually just cause gremlin issues with
wiggly screens and inadequate power for drives, etc.

- Dylan

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.