pots line... what is a pots line? :)

just build your self a network with a bridge mac.
then you can do things on your own terms.

or just freely enjoy IRC / FTP / Pine / NS Communicator :-)
Find an isp that still allows Telnet .

http://www.jagshouse.com/classicinternet.html

the cool news is MacII and forward can accept reasonably priced Nubus
ethernet cards,   Mac SE has a PDS slot you could get some hard to
find NIC's for.  SE/30 is a little easier.   And there is always the
SCSI 2 Ethernet adaptors, I know a guy in Denver, Ted Hodges, has a
whole box of these things.

I seriously doubt you will be successful in making AOL support older
software versions.

I kinda feel sorry for AOL a little bit.. I don't even know how they
are able to stay in business.

What Britt Dodd said...  :-)  yeah i mean that sounds kind of interesting too!

Charles

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.