Are you putting an IDE drive in a Vintage Mac that is built for SCSI? An
interesting experiment, that's for sure! I was just trying to figure out
the size of the hard disk of a Dell PC I  found on the street tonight, but
I had no plans of using it in one of my Vintage Macs.

The FAQ only mentions SCSI hard disks, so I'm afraid this will never work.