>Wait a minute.... It just happened again. This time I was working in
>Photoshop 5.5 with Pagemaker 6.5 open and Netscape open, working a photo
>from an internet download into Photoshop. (Î was editing the photo at
>the time of the crash.) This is when most of my crashes occur.
>David

Wait a minute indeed... Every time this subject turns up I take a
look vaguely hoping somebody has something really interesting to say
about some version of the macintosh operating system, but everytime I
read boring messages about adobe apps crashing. Tell me something
new. Adobe is pretty famous for its buggy software, and we all know
that 9.1 gives plenty of incompatibility with older software. I have
to deal with stuff like that on a daily basis at work. In my
experience you can eliminate most problems by using a very clean and
basic system. That is what I do to run eg. quark 3.31 on 9.1. I also
avoid the problem by running old apps on old macs with old systems.
Works like a charm.
BTW There is only one really stable macintosh os and that is os x,
totally off topic.
The macintosh operating systems I use are 6.08, 7.1, 7.6.1, 9.1 and
10.0.4. I hardly experience crashes with any of them because I use
software that works well with them and I keep my system folders very
clean and basic.

Marten