Sounds like an active terminator, which should
work better than the "Special Black" IIfx one.
Termination power must be provided to the bus,
either by the host adaptor (Mac) or one of the
drives to use an active terminator. Its generally
not a good idea to have more than two devices
providing termination power to the bus. Set one
device to provide power to the bus and the rest to
provide termination power only to themselves or
disable it on them.

--- Desert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My Mac IIfx terminator is black with no green light.
>
> --
> Paul/.
> 95 black 3000GT VR-4
> 98 VFR800F, TBR aluminum hi exit
> formerly reasonable and prudent
>
> on 7/25/01 10:15,     Scott Barber at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled:
>
> > I tried to post this question the other day, but
> it hasn't appeared on the
> > last two digests, here it is again:
> >
> > Does the black terminator used for external SCSI
> devices with the MacIIfx
> > have a green led?
> > I'm being given one, and want to use the correct
> terminator...

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947