>  > ?!?!?!? Blah!  #@%&%! An agent of Dark Side, and a dangerous one without
>>  morals that is!
>>

>What does any of this have to do with the guy's "morals" or lack thereof ?
>He may be a Republican, which is regrettable IMHO, but he's young and maybe
>he'll come around.  Changing a server from UNIX to NT was part of his job.
>Should he have resigned in protest ?

IMAO?  Probably.  I would have.  I have, in fact.  This list isn't
here to discuss the benefits of UNIX over NT, but just ask anyone
who's done it - they all regret it.  I don't know anyone thats happy
over it.  I'm only posting this message to urge people never to do it
ever ever ever.  Ever.

>IMHO, the Listmom should seriously consider a new advisory regarding these
>controversial sigs. Just a week ago, a large series of inflammatory posts
>were made on another list, provoked by one persons religious sig and
>another's objection to it.
>
>Nobody would find such a sig appropriate in a diverse workplace and they
>don't really seem germaine or appropriate to a diverse Maclist either.  I
>enjoy a little controversy myself and don't mind people going a bit off
>topic, but I realize that there are others who do not.
>
>Political and religiously provocative sigs are powerful temptations for
>people to blast others.  They are easily more powerful than most people's
>desire to stay on topic.  If you really want people to stay on topic, then
>perhaps banning religious and political sigs would be a productive step in
>that direction.  Just a thought. I know I'm not the listmom or owner of this
>or any other list.  Sorry for going/being off topic myself.

I will be seriously irritated if such a ban occurs.  This list is
based in the USA and is bound by the laws thereof.  Yes, it is a
private "club", but I will fight for my first amendment rights to
wear whatever tee-shirt (figuratively) I darn well want.  I try not
to offend with my sigs, but to me its the same as deciding how to
wear my hair or what shirt I wear.  This isn't a professional
workplace, we don't have to look good in front of clients.  If
someone wants a sig with nothing but the "seven deadlies" I would
consider them immature, but I feel it should be their right to do so.

Peace,

Aqua