>  >Subject: linux m68k on IIfx
>Hi, Scott or anyone else who knows about such things
>
>I'm interested in trying out linux on my PowerBook 150.  On the Debian page
>I couldn't find whether it's supported.  Do you know if it is.
>
>http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/
>
>Also, is the X windows server ported?
>
>Edwin Lowe

</rant>
Ok, I've had enough and now I have to add my $.11.  Why are you
bothering with Linux?  NetBSD is the one to go with on 68k Macs.
I've put it on my IIci and Q800 and both run flawlessly.  Why go with
linux?  NetBSD is a mature UNIX for 68k Macs.  The only drawback to
it is the non-support for the oddball machines, IIvx and Q950, and
non-FPU Quadra/Centris/LC machines.  For further reference try here:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/

And for you info Edwin, there is an Xserver for this port.  But you
will need some memory for it.  And judging from LEMs info on this
powerbook, you just may be able to install NetBSD on your machine
unless it has funny I/O stuff.
<rant>
--
Randy