> Ok, I've had enough and now I have to add my $.11.  Why are you
> bothering with Linux?  NetBSD is the one to go with on 68k Macs.
> I've put it on my IIci and Q800 and both run flawlessly.  Why go with
> linux?  NetBSD is a mature UNIX for 68k Macs.  The only drawback to
> it is the non-support for the oddball machines, IIvx and Q950, and
> non-FPU Quadra/Centris/LC machines.  For further reference try here:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/

I definitely agree -- satisfied user of NetBSD on a IIci with a Daystar
'030 50MHz, Quantum Empire 2.05GB, 128MB RAM, and two Farallon EtherWave
NuBus NICs. I like this computer, and NetBSD drives it well. It serves
the internal network's DNS and AppleTalk, soon will do POP, and runs a web
and gopher gateway to boot.

Linux/68k is experimental and fraught with peril, but NetBSD is mature,
developed and supported. Plus eminently more secure, coming from the same
lineage that developed OpenBSD (one tough box to crack), and smaller and
more compact since it doesn't suffer from the bloat infesting today's Linux
distros.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Never blame on malice what can be blamed on abject idiocy. -----------------