Marten van de Kraats writes:

>>>Does Apple just want the older Macs, Apples and varied clones to just
>>>die off so we will all be forced to buy brand spanking new G4's?
>>
>>Yes.  We are the thorn in Apple's side.  Remember, Apple is just
>>another evil Korporation, and Steve Jobs is every bit as evil as Bill
>>Gates.  They're both reptiles.  We are here, loving the machines, the
>>old Macs, and showing people they don't NEED a G4...how could they
>>NOT want us out of the picture?
>>
>I'm sorry, but I don't think Apple sees us as the thorn in their
>side. We are just a rather peculiar set of customers (most of us also
>have newer macs around).

Agreed. Chrysler must feel the same way about MoPar Madness -- all those
car junkies keeping those 1960s and early-70s cars running like new.
Sure, Chrysler would benefit if they all bought a new Chrysler 300, but
their mania certainly does nothing to diminish Chrysler's reputation.

I'm sure there are plenty of other analogies -- Harley owners, tube
electronics mavens, etc.

Like the MoPar crew, it doesn't really matter to our passion for older
Macs whether Apple loves us, hates us, or ignores us. At the very least,
we advocate for the Mac -- new and used -- and do what we can to keep the
installed base from shrinking.

Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
  publisher, Low End Mac                <http://lowendmac.com/>
  publisher, Digital-Views.com      <http://digital-views.com/>
  publisher, Digigraphica            <http://digigraphica.com/>

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary
ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong
end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
  -- Dr. Seuss