Steve Conrad writes:

>Now a fresh question. Why does it say the LCII (Performa 405) cannot have
>an FPU (not even listed as an option) yet I have read that you can stick
>one in the PDS slot (68882)? Also, the LC doesn't have one listed as an
>option yet I read that you can stick one in the PDS slot (68881).

You answered your own question. The LC and LC II can take an FPU on the
PDS slot, but there is no socket for one on the motherboard. Anyone who
unequivocally states that these LCs won't support an FPU is simply wrong.

Gregg Eshelman writes:

>Is the FPU on a PDS card slower than installing
>one on the logicboard?

Since the motherboard and the PDS both run at 16 MHz with a 16-bit bus,
it shouldn't make any difference.

Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
  publisher, Low End Mac                <http://lowendmac.com/>
  publisher, Digital-Views.com      <http://digital-views.com/>
  publisher, Digigraphica            <http://digigraphica.com/>

Windows 95 (win-DOH-z), n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell
to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded
for a four bit microprocessor which was used in a PC built by a two bit
company that couldn't stand one bit of competition.