----------
>From: "Jeff Garrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
>Subject: Re: Performa 600, Or Is It?
>Date: Fri, Sep 21, 2001, 6:10 AM

Here's another update from this morning.

With System 7.1, I HAD Enabler 304 in the System Folder which let the
machine boot to a plain "Macintosh" in the  "About This Macintosh" window.

Reading Mac Secrets, I downloaded and installed Enabler 001, removing
Enabler 304.

THIS time it booted and identifies itself as a"IIvm" again in the "About
This MAcintosh" window.

I took a Simple Text picture screen capture. Anyone wishing to see it, email
me off-list and I'll send it for your perusal.

pickle? Here's where the rubber meets the road. This machine MUST be a or
THE IIvm.

Jeff