Andrew Michael MacTao wrote:

> Rob Rosenbrock wrote:
> >Has anyone looked up the definition of heathen? It was used correctly -
> >Atheism isn't a religion, but a lack of religion.
>
>     Yes. According to my dictionary, "Heathen" means anyone who hasn't
> readily accepted one of the 3 major Religions: Christianity, Judaism,
> Islam.
>
>     So, Heathen would include anyone who has no Religion (for whatever
> reason) As well as anyone who has chosen any of the other Religions,
> Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu, Shinto, etc.
>
>     Thus: A statement like, "Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Heathen
> alike..." Would literally mean, "Everyone."

I was sitting here wondering why my unsub request still hasn't been processed
(maybe because of the fact that it's the weekend?)  and then I saw this quote.
You only quoted the definition that was convenient to your point Andrew.  The
2nd definition listed in the Oxford dictionary is:

Heathen:  "An unenlightened person, one regarded as lacking culture or moral
principles."

That's the one that set me off.  Not because I had to look it up to understand
(I knew the definition years ago), but because that is the meaning that most
Christians point at others.

-- Kyle H. Hansen

JESUS SAVES!...but Gretzsky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!