> To:            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
> Date:          Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          Gregg Eshelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:       Re: Running Windows On My Mac

> Hehe. :) Have you seen that IBM PS/2 Model 25 Color
> that someone put a Mac board into? The Mac board
> is ><thisclose to the same size as the PS/2 board.

Snip!

Yesterday I was at goodwill and saw color '25'er but owner modified
it as VGA monitor and threw the bottom pan that held motherboard and
drives out.  No thanks!! and left, what good I can use without pan if
I want to mod it for mac!?  @#$%  That case design is nice, turn the
'25 on it's face, only two blue screws at rear and pan swings down to
expose all the guts and drives.  Pan is seperateable from chassis,
unplug all wires to the board and while pinching the black "V" in the
bar and withdraw the pan from the chassis.  Worked on those 9-10
years ago.

> no modification to run 640x480 at the Mac refresh
> rate of 67Hz VS the IBM rate of 60Hz. That precludes
> most PC 640x480 fixed resolution monitors from
> working with Macs.

That '25 has to.  It has few lesser resolutions besides 640x480 and
at different frequencies.  But that tube has BIGGEST dot pitch that I
can see individual tricolor at normal viewing distance.  Ugh.

Cheers,

Wizard