>> a real mac - it's 2 real macs, an LC II case sitting on top of an LCIII
>> and played with a bit in photoshop.
>
> The only real giveaways - and these are not only subtle, but not for
> certain either - are the faint lines on the side of the case toward the
> front (you must have cloned these out, but they didn't totally go away)
> and

They're more the real lines from an LC which didn't show up too well cos
the flash was pointing straight at them (they're normally in shadow and
look the same as the air vents on the side, which did come up black) and
me trying to -copy- that faintness rather than kill it off.

> the "LC V" sticker, whose colour doesn't match the rest of the case too
> well.

That bit I didn't change! I think I just have a couple of very-yellowed
LC cases there - the same with the 8100 below, with it's different
shadings. The big giveaway really, is the flashlight looking straight
through the floppy opening - cos that top case is just an empty upper
shell, and shows no brackets or drive or... stuff.

>> dana (Apple wouldn't release something that ugly, would they?)
>
> It actually looks a lot like a natural evolution of the IIsi, which
> made it
> all the more believable...

There should have been another model or two to use the IIsi case. It's
funky!

be well,
dana
--