on 9/28/01 4:26 PM, (Vintage Macs) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At 14:55 -0400 on 28/09/01, Amber Rhea wrote:
>
>> Why is it that sometimes, older Powerbooks' batteries just refuse to hold a
>> charge? I love my PB 145B, but the battery holds a charge for about three
>> minutes, tops. I replaced the battery with a new one, with the same results.
>
> That sounds like a problem with the power management circuitry.
>
> Unless you got a new-in-box battery...is that the case?  If so, the cells
> have long since died.  Buying NIB batteries based on lead-acid or NiCd
> cells is pointless unless they're only a year or two old.

I bought the battery new in the box, still shrink-wrapped. Of course, I did
buy it on Ebay, so I guess you never know, it could have been sitting
unopened on the seller's shelf for four years.

--
Amber Rhea   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."
                 - Desiderata, Max Ehrmann