--- "R.A. Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 10/7/01 3:35 PM, Gregg Eshelman at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > no RAM in the SIMM slot,
>
> got that herd of 8s ready to go when you are.
>  All the best,
> R. A. Cantrell

I popped an 8meg in the slot, swiped the PRAM
battery from the Power IIci since with a completely
dead one the LC475 won't activate the video output,
and now I'm rooting through every nook and crannie
of the 80meg HD. :) It originally belonged to the
Grangeville, Idaho highschool. Had at ease on it
(not anymore!) and a ton of junk documents of
several types all over the place. They're gone too.
(Someone was keeping records for their pigeon
racing club on it.)

The only things on it that really interest me are
Finale 3.2, which is the app for the Apple MIDI
Interface and possibly Broderbund BannerMania 1.0.
There are some old kids games on it and something
called Algebra Xpressor which looks like a 68k
version of the Graphing Calculator.

Finale may be difficult to "extract" as it has its
own keymap stuck in the System file. (I did say
_every_ nook and crannie. ;-)

At any rate, after cleanup it has 17.1 megs free
instead of 11.6. It will have more after I axe the
remmnants of Aldus PageMaker 4.0 that had been on
it at some time.

I may be able to "pack up" some of the old stuff that
isn't registered to a specific person or the school
and that isn't still available today. Wouldn't want
to be a software pirate. ;)

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947