>Hi All,
>This is my first post.
>I was recently given a Mac IIci, everything seemed to be fine when I got it,
>until I proceeded to trash the OS. I obviously deleted a few files that I
>shouldn't have :-)

Oops!

>I don't have the original setup disks that the machine came with nor any
>other Mac software. I downloaded System 7.5.3 from Apple. My problem is that
>all of the files are in Mac binary format and I only have Linux PCs at my
>disposal. I can mount HFS diskettes and I have the macutils package for Linux
>installed. Does anyone know of a way that I can re-install the Mac with my
>current resources, or should I just find someone with the OS setup disks.

Ross,

I'm fairly shure that the FAQ that accompanies this list describes how to
Make Mac system disks from downloaded system files, using a PC. I did it:
all well. Maybe you'd like to start the experiment using system 6.0.8. It's
a LOT smaller (2 disks) :)

(If not, I have a print-out of the original email from fast-alex that
describes it.)

See one of the pickles postings for the FAQ-adress in the sig.

On Linux, I wouldn't know the how-to's.

-mart