On Saturday, March 30, 2002, at 08:30  pm, Mark Benson wrote:

> Is there a free DHCP server for the Mac. I want to set my LC475, which
> runs 24/7 as a webserver and now a DNS, as a DHCP server to save me
> having to set all my machines up by hand. Also is there any chance of
> serving VNC or Timbuktu (without having to buy TB2 preferably) from the
> LC so I can run it headless.

IPNetRouter includes a DHCP server. It isn't free but it's cheap and you
can get a further 30% educational discount.

I ran VNC Server briefly on a Powermac 6100 but the experience is not
one that I would recommend. VNC works brilliantly on Windows and Unix
boxes but the port for classic Mac OS (both PPC and 68K) has never had
enough work done on it. YMMV.

Phil
---
"Most engineering products can be readily adapted to suit their
originally intended purpose" -- C H Thornycroft