--- Mark Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a Daystar PowerCache 030 upgrade in my SE/30
> that plugs into the
> CPU socket complete with cache and FPU. Will it work
> in a IIci, if so is
> it worth pulling out of my SE/30 (which hardly gets
> used) and whacking
> it in my soon-to-be-had IIci? I kinda thought seeing
> as they were both
> 1989 vintage 030 machines they might be cross
> compatible....?

Nope, the IIci CPU is not socketed. Prior to the
release of the IIci, DayStar made different
accelerators for each Mac. After the IIci all the
DayStar accelerators for 030 Macs were designed for
the IIci PDS/Cache slot and used adaptors for
Macs that didn't have the IIci type slot. The SE/30
and IIsi PDS is the same connector as the IIci but
they are not electrically compatable.

I'd leave it in the SE/30. With that one you still
have the PDS free for a network card, video card etc.

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"