--- Goetz Hoffart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a Daystar PowerCache 030 upgrade in my
> SE/30 that plugs into the
> > CPU socket complete with cache and FPU. Will it
> work in a IIci
>
> It will not work without an adapter card.
>
> The SE/30 PDS and the IIci PDS are *not* compatible.
>
> Most accelerator cards were produced for the IIci
> PDS and delivered with
> an adapter for the SE/30. So if you have such a
> card: lucky boy.

His upgrade is already installed. :) Prior to the
IIci, all the DayStar upgrades were custom designed
for each model of Mac, usually plugging into the
CPU socket. After the IIci came along, DayStar
standardized all their upgrades for 030 Macs on
the IIci cache slot and made adaptors for the older
Macs to provide them with a IIci compatable slot.

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"