From: "mart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If I'm not mistaken, The NTR version of the PLW has a slider control to
> adjust the amount of toner (Regular PLW's don't have it).
>
> Open the engine room door; it should be located just above the toner
cartridge.

Thanks, Mart. It actually reduced the greyness of the page, but didn't get
rid of it. It's nice to know that the slider control is there though. :)

I guess I have to keep a lookout for a new toner cartridge, like the
fixyourownprinter.com guy (Moe) suggested. Funny that they don't sell them.

FWIW, the fuser tested okay with an ohm meter when it cooled down. I still
suspect the spongy black roller below the fuser assembly because is keeps
getting filled with toner dust. Someone pointed out (JEff G.?, Greg E.?)
that they might need replacing.

I got this at a bargain and just can't afford to pour anymore into it unless
I get another one to play with. Thank you all for your help.

Bertie

bertie