Greetings, all.

A while back some of you were discussing a desire for the ability to
select the OS on bootup.  In going through my OS X Server CD I found
something called "System Disk" from Apple.  This is apparently how you
selected OS X Server v1.x for bootup.

The interesting part is that there's something called "System Disk
extension" which, according to the description, "is an alternate version
of System Disk that you can use to select a startup disk while the
computer is starting up. Install the extension, then restart your
computer and hold down the option key until the System Disk window
appears."

I would bet that this is PPC-only, and I also bet that this is what is
now in the ROM of newer machines.  But I also wonder if the technology
would be interesting enough to be reverse-engineered to see if someone
could build something like this to affect the 68k bootup sequence.

Thoughts?

Eagle