Greetings all, this is my first post to this list.
I have a Performa 200 which right now is not booting at all.
I do get a video image, but it is just 4 black and 4 white vertical stripes,
with some non-alphanumeric, but somewhat patterned line segment thrown in
for good confusion.  There is never any chime.  The HD spins up and clicks,
as if it's searching around, and eventually slows its clicking to once every
minute plus.  I've tried booting without memory, HD, or floppy attatched to
the motherboard, and I only get the same video image, nothing more.  I've
measured my 3.6v battery voltage at 0.18v, but that shouldn't cause failure
to boot, right?  The motherboard also has a set of jumpers, labeled J13,
which could allow options of: 512K PROM, 1 MBytes PROM, and 2/2
Mbytes.Somewhat nearby there are U22 and U23, and both are populated with
removeable ICs.  All of the jumpers on J13 are open, does this seem right?
I'd love to get this thing running.  Does anyone know what the likely causes
of this failure to boot would be?
Also, failing getting this one to boot, what would be the most desirable
replacement motherboard to hunt down to fit into this machine?  I have an
LCII, possibly on the fritz, as well, and have seen some references of items
being compatible between the LCs and the Classics, would these 2
motherboards be exchangeable?
I eagerly await some knowledge!
Thanks!
-Brian