----------
>From: Gregg Eshelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
>Subject: Re: Help with Imprimis full-height drive jumper settings
>Date: Fri, May 3, 2002, 6:20 PM
>

> --- rlf9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Howdy folks.
>>
>> I use a topless LC III to test old scsi drives, but
>> this one has me
>> hornswoggled. Hooked up and plugged in, this drive,
>> pulled from a IIfx,
>> just clicks and its red power LED just blinks. I'm
>> starting up from an
>> external scsi ZIP volume, but the startup hangs
>> whenever the Imprimis is
>> plugged into the LC III's internal HDD scsi cable.

It's like the little hard drive I just junked. It's probably going to wind
up being the controller card causing the blinking light AND the no boot plus
SCSI Voodoo.

I had a little MiniScribe that did this. Cranked and whined, blipped and
groaned, then stopped dead and the LED blinked off-and-on a few seconds, and
it died, preventing me from booting from any other source until it was
disconected from the SCSI chain.

Jeff