> >From: Gregg Eshelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: Help with Imprimis full-height drive jumper settings
> >
> >--- rlf9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Howdy folks.
> >>
> >> I use a topless LC III to test old scsi drives, but
> >> this one has me
> >> hornswoggled. Hooked up and plugged in, this drive,
> >> pulled from a IIfx,
> >> just clicks and its red power LED just blinks. I'm
> >> starting up from an
> >> external scsi ZIP volume, but the startup hangs
> >> whenever the Imprimis is
> >> plugged into the LC III's internal HDD scsi cable.
> >
> >Post all the numbers you can find on the case of the
> >drive and I can probably dig up the info on the net.
> >
> Okay, but first, this is a big, heavy, old drive. There's
> nothing mini about it but its prehistoric capacity. Onward...
>
> The main label:
>
> IMPRIMIS, Oklahoma City, OK
> Model #94171-350
> Part # 77777000
> SN #007598
> Lot # O-03-8749-2
> CSC Lot # 9101-2

The model # is the one you want to use.

A simple google w/ that model # turned up this useful url:

http://www.mm.mtu.edu/drives/seagate/misc/cdc_to_seagate.txt

I knew Seagate bought out the CDC and Imprimis before close of 80.

Once you known the Segate's model #, write that down on that drive
and go onto seagate.com and get jumper setting from there.  Yes that
right it's there!

The exact model for seagate for your HD is ST4350N.

All FH drives requires about 4 amps on 12V, 1amps on 5V for good
startup.  Go find a peecee PSU or 610 series and run that HD off that
with scsi hooked to your LCIII.

When I said FH drive, it is 5.25" wide x 3.2" high.  cdrom drives and
older 3.5" and 5.25" that is height of 1.6" is HH height.

Cheers,

Wizard