--- Ken Strayhorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got the scanner hooked up to a PB3400c, and the
> install went fine - but the computer locks up every
> time
> I try to scan about halfway through - it does the
> preview scan just fine, but locks on actual scan.
> Strange.  My feeling is it's a conflict somewhere.

How much RAM in that Mac? Got virtual memory on?
What resolution and color depth are you trying to
scan?

The problem is it scans into RAM and if you don't
have enough real or virtual RAM and are trying to
scan too big of an image, well you fill up all the
available RAM. :P Newer scanner software is usually
smart enough to know when there's not enough RAM
and pop a dialog box telling you so you can stop
it without a problem. I got that message with my
first scanner on a 486 that only had 16megs RAM
and I was using a fixed size swap file. Doubled the
swap file size and it worked, slowly. :)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"